"Lakeland Christian Academy partners with families by providing a Biblically centered, academically excellent education for the glory of God."
"Lakeland Christian Academy partners with families to educate, disciple, and inspire students toward excellence, modeling Christ in a spirit of gracious accountability."
A few words from our Administrator, Joe Elrod
Thank you for investigating a quality education here at Lakeland Christian Academy. We welcome your interest and hope to partner with you in educating your child.
We recognize that sending your child to a Christian school is a big commitment; therefore, LCA does not take that responsibility lightly. We are committed to the spiritual development of your son or daughter and his or her academic success. We are committed to the family and the local church and view our school as an extension of both. Our Vision Statement says, “Lakeland Christian Academy exists to provide a biblically- centered educational environment so that its students may be equipped to become Christ-honoring members of their families, churches, and communities.” In a world where morals, ethics, and responsibility are on the decline, these values are intentionally taught at Lakeland. Academically, God’s word is taught to LCA students from a biblical worldview. Our students are prepared academically for the rigors of college and for the rigors of life!
If you are interested in a partnership with a school that will reinforce the Christian biblical values you teach at home, LCA is the place for you!
I trust that you will find the information on this website helpful. If you have further questions, please call or better yet, come for a visit!
When you are ready to enroll, please follow the “admissions” link on this website to enroll online.
Serving Christ Together,
Lakeland Christian Academy (LCA) was established in the spring of 1974.
Lakeland Christian Academy is an interdenominational school serving approximately 150 students in grades 7 through 12.
Approximately 40 churches represented.
Lakeland Christian Academy is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI), Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), National Christian School Athletic Association (NCSAA), the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and is a member of the Indiana Non-Public Education Association (INPEA).
Lakeland Christian Academy works to develop each student academically, spiritually, emotionally, and socially.
Lakeland Christian Academy believes that each student is a unique individual, created in God’s image, for the purpose of glorifying God. Lakeland’s goal is to help students develop their abilities to fulfill that purpose. At Lakeland Christian Academy, all courses are taught from a biblical worldview.
Lakeland Christian Academy believes that, by the cooperative effort of the home, church, and school, each student is better able to achieve his/her full potential.
Lakeland Christian Academy’s test scores are equal to, or higher than the state and national scores.
Lakeland Christian Academy also provides students with opportunities to excel in athletics, music, community service, and drama.
Lakeland Christian Academy provides tuition assistance through financial aid, discounts, scholarships, and is a provider of Scholarship Grants and School Choice vouchers.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
A Statement of Faith is a listing of facts that you and your family believe and practice. All Lakeland Christian Academy faculty and staff members, as well as each student’s family, must agree to the following Statement of Faith:
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writing, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21)
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Gen. 1:1;John 10:30,37-38)
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father,in His Lordship over all of life, and in His personal and imminent return. (John 10:33; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Luke1:35; Heb. 4:15, 7:26; John 2:11; 1 Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9; John 11:25; 1 Cor. 15:4; Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 5:1)
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit’s ministry includes conviction of sin, and the regeneration, indwelling, and filling of believers, enabling them to live the Christian life. (Rom. 3:19,23; John 3:16-19, 5:24; Eph. 2:8-10;Titus 3:5,6; Eph. 5:18; 1 Cor. 3:16, 6:19,20)
5. We believe in man’s direct creation in the image of God, his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death, and the necessity of the new birth for his salvation. (Gen. 1:26-28, 5:1-2; John 3:16-19; Rom. 3:23, 5:8, 9)
6. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including but not limited to adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sin and thereby offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20, 1 Cor. 6:9-10), and that participation in the new birth leads us away from such activities (2 Cor. 5:17, Acts 15:20, 29).
7. We believe that salvation is complete and eternal, by God’s grace alone, received as the gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work. (Eph. 2:9-10; Titus 3:5)
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation. (John 5:28,29)
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of born-again believers in one true Church, the body of Christ, and in the organization of its members in local churches. (Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 12:12,13; Gal. 3:26-28)
Men and women, who felt the need for a Christian high school, established Lakeland Christian Academy (LCA) in the spring of 1974. Working together with Warsaw Christian School, plans were initiated for the 7th and 8th-grade classes of WCS to become part of LCA.
In the summer of 1974, eleven acres of land were purchased. On September 3 of the same year, LCA began classes in the Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church facilities with 42 students in grades 7-9. An additional grade was added each consecutive year.
In February of 1975, LCA moved to a location on Wooster Road with one modular building. A second modular building was added during the next school year.
The Class of 1978 was LCA’s first graduating class.
A third building was constructed during the following year, and its annex was added in
LCA moved to its new campus in Winona Lake, Indiana.
Joined the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA).
Enrollment up to 150 students!
This organization certifies that LCA has demonstrated to the academic community that it effectively advances the quality of the educational experiences it provides for its students and is in compliance with the standard and criteria of this commission.
Lakeland Christian Academy is a member of the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA).
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and is a member school of the Indiana Non-Public Education Association (INPEA).
ACSI is a service organization serving Christian schools across the United States and around the world. Each member school or college retains its individual distinctive and operating independence. ACSI’s National/International Headquarters is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
INPEA is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote the education of the highest quality and provide assistance and encouragement for non-public education in the State of Indiana.