It is hard to believe that we have been in this “COVID-era” for nearly 6 months already. It seems like just yesterday we were entering the initial 2 week hiatus of in-class education. Though traditional schooling had been halted, our vocabulary broadened to include phrases like social distancing, flattening the curve, asymptomatic, and quarantining. There is no question that our world was turned upside down within a matter of weeks.
As we look toward the start of school in just a few short weeks, we are all feeling a range of emotions as we begin to return to a sense of normalcy. During this chaotic time of changing mandates, fear, and overall uncertainty, LCA wants you to find peace and to know the following:
1. We LOVE your children. We care deeply about their academic, spiritual, and physical well-being. Our biggest goal is to help them develop academically and grow closer to God while keeping them healthy and safe.
2. We are excited to begin IN PERSON instruction once again! Christian education at its core is relational and taught best in person. However, please know that if a mandate forces us to become a virtual academy again, your student will still be taught by the same compassionate teachers who know them, who love them, and who want to see them succeed. We are also taking steps to ensure that no child falls between the cracks during a virtual learning setting.
3. We are commanded in Romans 13 that we are to submit to authority. Right now, that authority is mandating masks when social distancing cannot be maintained. However, it is our goal that 3 feet social distancing will be maintained in the classroom so students will not have to wear masks during instructional times.
4. We are dedicated to work with and partner alongside parents. If you have any concerns, we want to address those together and discuss options that fit your family best.
5. We pray for your kids. Prayer is our most powerful weapon during difficult times, and we want each student to know that they are loved not only by us, but by One who has this world under control.
Every decision we make has our students and staffs’ health and safety as the top priority. We are committed to providing a loving environment for our students – no matter what events are taking place in the world around us. Our God is bigger than this virus and bigger than our fears. We cannot wait to once again have our classrooms filled with prayer, our hallways filled with fellowship, our chapel filled with praise, and our LCA family reunited under one roof.